Once you reach the top, you don't want to go back down
On foot in the valley or in the mountains – hiking is the best way to discover the beauty of the region while holidaying in the Bregenzerwald.
Selected hiking routes lead to alpine dairies, over historical wooden bridges, to wonderful viewing points on the mountain peaks of the Bregenzerwald. Many are quite leisurely others a real challenge. Many paths offer an insight into the culture, lifestyle and natural gems, constantly providing information about the Bregenzerwald, about the region and locals, flora and fauna
Numerous themed routes – alongside the water, cultural paths, pushchair paths or the cheese path fascinate children and adults alike.
- Over 1500 km of consistently sign-posted walking routes
- Bregenzerwald walking map with over 50 routes
- Themed routes, suitable for families
- Pushchair pathways
- Guided walks over the whole summer
- Refreshment stops at many alpine and mountain huts
- Free use of all summer cable cars with the Bregenzerwald card